Thursday, July 04, 2013

Is knowing your face shape that important?

Hi everyone! This past month (or two) I have gotten quite obsessed with knowing my face shape. I took loads of quizzes, tracing my face on a mirror, measuring my face with a tape and even taking a photo scanning face shape detector online (-.-)" !!! I have thought myself to be a square, inverted triangle, oblong and even a circle shape! Every quiz was saying something different which just made me annoyed and even more determined to find out what my face shape was! Yesterday I had a sleepover with my girlies (yes, if you're reading this, you are my "girlies") where I was sharing my frustration about not knowing my face shape. After quite some time analyzing our faces (very awkward might I add) we concluded that I had an oval face. FINALLY (>.<) These are some helpful pictures and quizzes (is it even considered a quiz?) that eventually helped me identify my face shape: 


Now after finally discovering what it was (it was an oval), I realised that it actually didn't make a difference at all. Of course there are some helpful Do's and Don'ts but at the end of the day... it doesn't matter! Everyone's face is different and unique and most importantly beautiful! As much as I wanted to have a heart-shaped face-- I didn't have one. And you know what, I was okay with it. I'm proud of who I am and what I look like.

In life you sometimes just have to take a plunge. Knowing your face shape can really stop you from being a risk taker. Don't avoid getting that pixie cut you really really want just because some stupid website said so. Get a haircut that YOU actually like rather than one a website recommended. Do you think Victoria Beckham knew that the pob would look good on her? Of course not. But she still took the gamble. You will never know for sure what does (and doesn't) look good on you if you don't take the risk and actually get it.  And remember, hair grows!!! It's even simpler with your glasses shape, hat shape etc. You can try on as much frames, structures and shapes as you want in the shop without having to purchase it!

Ultimately what I'm trying to say is that yeah sure it's nice to know what your face shape, eye shape etc. is but it really doesn't matter. You should just embrace what you've got and make the most of it! And don't forget to just take that plunge.... What's life without a little risk?

lot's of hugs,
littlemissarianna x

No comments:

Post a Comment