Thursday, July 11, 2013

I coco loco

Hey everyone! So today I'm going to be discussing a very uber delicious product! COCONUTS!!! As a kid (I still consider myself one #justsaying), I loved drinking fresh coconut juice in East Coast Park, the Hawker Centers etc. It is just so typical in Singapore :) . In Dubai, it perhaps wasn't as common as Singapore but it was still quite "normal' there. Yeah in Finland it's totally different. I can hardly find coconuts here-- we can only buy coconut products at the Oriental Vietnamese Store. But anyway, that's not the point of this post.

I've literally gone crazy for coconuts, I mean I've always loved drinking and eating it, but now I'm replacing my body, hair and face moisturizer with it -.- Yeah I know.. It's sounds a bit loco, but it actually works. No kidding :D!


I was watching one of my favourite YouTubers "cloudyapples", specifically this video >>>
Kassie always encourages you to try healthier, organic solutions to problems rather than all these toxic solutions which don't really work and can in fact damage it further! So I thought I might as well give it a go...

As I'm growing out my hair, the ends of my hair are quite dry :( . Trying to moisturizer it, I've used quite a few products from Redken and all these other posh hairdressing toxic brands. ~NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HAIR~ The past week I tried using Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Hair Conditioner which I've had in my dresser for a while but never tried... OhMyGod my hair is sooooo soooo much better now. My hair feels super lush, thick, soft and most importantly healthy! 

Product: Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Hair Conditioner
So how do you use it?: You apply it to your dry hair (recommended at night as it is quite greasy if you put lots of it!). I like to literally drench my hair in it before I go to bed (TIP: Place a towel over your pillow so it doesn't smell of oil!!). When you wake up, I like to take a shower and wash my hair with shampoo and a pea sized amount of normal conditioner to get rid of the extra coconut oil that hasn't been absorbed. If you don't want to drench it like I do, you can take a nickel sized amount and lightly brush it through your hair using your fingers. Try to spread it quite evenly.
So how many times a week?: I wouldn't recommend you drenching it everyday, I only do it once a fortnight to give my hair a pick me up. If you do it more than once a week, you're hair will get quite greasy!!!  If you would just like to brush it in your hair, I say do that maximum 3 times a week. If you apply it too many times without washing, it can get super oily!!! And that's a big problem.
Remember to apply it to completely dry hair! If you apply it to wet hair it is really hard to get the oil out!!! Trust me. Everyone thought I had wet hair-- nope it's just greasy coconut oil.

As I mentioned in my Weekly FavouritesCertified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil from Omega Nutrition is my favourite product as of now. You can use this in your hair, on your face or body. You can even EAT this! I recently replaced my night face cream with this. It's completely organic and doesn't contain toxins and other artificial fillers that moisturisers normally do! Plus, most cleansers strip all the good fatty nutrients that act as a protective barrier on your face, so it's good to use some natural oil to balance it! 

Product: Omega Nutrition's Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
So how do you use it?: After my night face wash, I pat a pea sized amount on my face instead of a moisturizer. I just use a regular moisturizer in the morning and pat a tiny tiny bit of coconut oil on my cheeks for a glowing look. For my body I apply it generously after I take a shower or before going to bed.
So how many times a week?: On your face and body I recommend AT LEAST  twice a week for that soft sexy naturally glowing skin ;) . I also make sure to always apply some coconut oil on my legs whenever I'm wearing shorts or skirts as it really makes your skin glow and adds a sun-kissed look! Plus no one wants to show off dry legs -.-" .
Remember NOT to apply TOO much coconut oil on your face in the morning as it can make your face look shiny A.K.A. greasy. Just highlight your cheekbones and pat some onto your cheeks :D . If you do accidentally put too much on, use a cotton ball and GENTLY (emphasis on gently) wipe some of the oil off.

***If you don't like the smell of coconut oil, you can also try Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Lavender Oil etc. ***

Okay so that's all for today ;) Wow I feel exhausted after sharing all this information in one go... But remember to watch the FULL VIDEO above ^^ as it's really full of information that is crucial if you want to start building a skincare routine or understanding why your skin reacts a certain way. And ALWAYS keep in mind what might be good for my skin might not be the same for you so be careful!

lots of hugs,
littlemissarianna x

No comments:

Post a Comment