Sunday, September 15, 2013

What I Drink! + Skinny Smoothie

Hi Everyone!

So I have quite a few of requests to do more "skinny" snacks and blog about them! This is something I'm quite interested in and love finding really yummy recipes which are also healthy. So it's a double win.

At home I mostly drink water and milk. That's all. No soda. No pop. No bottled juice. Definitely no energy drinks. No caffeine. My only exceptions are fresh juice or smoothies, maybe some tea, 100% natural aloe vera water and... maybe a sip of my brother's drink. But that's quite rare as 1. He is extremely stingy about his food and 2. The drinks he likes are really sugary and puts me off.

I think that if you want to start a healthy lifestyle, this is step 1. It's really simple but effective. (As Harry Styles would say ;)). It was a really easy step for me to take and now I feel better about myself and feel quite accomplished. The next step for me is to cut down dessert--and I have been following this but recently my mum has been on a baking spree so I've been eating quite a few slices -.-". Guilty as charged. >.< .

This is a really simple smoothie to make and is quite filling. The smoothie is quite good for when it's not lunch or dinner time yet and you really need something to curb your hunger. What you need are:
- 1 crumbled Belvita biscuit (More details below)
- 2 large Avocados (Or 3 small ones)
- 1 tbsp of Yogurt
- 1 tsp of Honey
- 4 cubes of Ice

That's the main ingredients of the smoothie but you can choose to add more ingredients if you like! I like adding:
- 1 handful of frozen raspberries (If they're in season in your country you can use fresh ones too)
- 1 mandarin (or half a regular orange)
- 1 diced apple
- Half a banana
- Mango

So first thing is to cut the avocado! I have to say that I'm a pro at this, I find it really fun to do >.<... A trick my mum taught me is the slice the avocado vertically in half. Because there is the seed in the middle, just turn your knife around the seed. Once you've gone in a full circle, the two halves should just come out easily. Next hit your knife on the seed until it gets stuck, then slowly turn the knife and pull it out. The avocado seed should come out with it. Here's a picture of what it looks like below:

Next, just chuck everything into the blender keeping the Belvita Biscuit and Ice last. I put the Belvita into a 'ziploc' and then hit it with a rolling pin. Once the rest of the smoothie is smooth, put in the Belvita and blend it. Once you think everything is done, insert the ice in a glass and pour in the smoothie :).

I really like this smoothie as it's quite simple but is yummy (well at least I think so). The addition of the Belvita, really fills you up so you aren't hungry. Avocados are one of my favourite fruits so I have them in the house a lot and this smoothie is a good way to use them up :) If you don't like the consistency of the smoothie, you can add milk to make it more liquidly or more yogurt to thicken it up!

I apologise... I forgot to take pictures :(... But I did find a picture that looks exactly what the smoothie looks like online:



So I hope you do try out this smoothie as its super healthy and a good snack when you are craving something :)

Lots of hugs,
littlemissarianna

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! for posting about food recipes..... :)

    ReplyDelete